Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thinking in the round

Yurt


Thinking, thought or thunk (joke with Addison).  This past summer I was inspired to build a round building (you will have to read the full post to find out what it is used for) and while taking a rest inside I noticed something different.  The flow of energy was different than in the typical square or rectangles that we live in.  It was as if my energy could flow without obstruction and return back to me unaltered.  Was I thinking about thinking?  Was I aware of awareness?  By sitting in the round, I now had the ability to see the thoughts attached to my sense of self and observe them for what they are, only thoughts.  I could watch my thoughts and how I become attached to them.  My mind grasping for something in the past to predict the future or wanting things different than they are now.  Now I could start to see the thoughts for what they really are, only mere constructs created by my ego with little basis in reality.  Can I let go, to free myself from attachments to my sense of self, let go of my ego?  If I am able to  think about my ego then my ego is not me, and I am not defined by it nor do I need to gather more "stuff" to be me.  Simplify the within and the outside will follow.

Photo












The building is now an outhouse, and a great place to sit and think.


No comments:

Post a Comment