Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Change

It finally dawned on me the other day that I cannot change someone else.  Maybe this realization comes with age or I am just a slow learner, but either way I just figured it out.  I am a change agent.  I like change and believe that change is what keeps us going.  Keeps us looking down the road and wondering what lies around the next corner or over the horizon.  Change is what motivates us to rise out of bed, greet the sun and experience a new day.  The problem with change, is that it does not always take us where we expected we would be, and then suddenly we find ourselves in a place that is less comfortable than we are used to.  This is not always bad and sometimes opens new doors and directions that we would not have chosen otherwise.  Our journey to a more simple life has presented numerous opportunities for change.  Some have been good changes and others less than comfortable, but I would not trade any of them.  We made the change to a more simple life and have been enjoying its rewards, but this change would not have come had someone else tried to change us.

True change comes from a compassionate honest introspection into ones own life.

Namaste


More house data soon.  I should have all the winter data and our new carbon footprint.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment